New Norms For transporting goods between Great Britain And The EU.

From 1st January 2021 new rules for haulers and commercial drivers will come into effect. If you also move goods between Great Britain and the European Union, there are certain new norms which you will have to follow.

In this article, we will give you complete information regarding this.

The documents required :- Driver Certificate Of Professional Competence (CPC) will be required by UK drivers to work. This will be one of the most essential documents if a hauler or commercial driver drives in the EU ( European Union). This will be the case for UK drivers working for EU operators.

However, the drivers who have a current UK Driver CPC and are working with operators based in the UK don’t have to worry as it will continue to be valid.

Driving Licence And International Driving Permit.

If you want to hold a commercial driving license you will have to select the right category regarding the vehicle.

The common question which most of the drivers are concerned about is the International Driving Permit (IDP). This was one important topic most of the drivers and operators were concerned about and we thought of addressing this in the article.

There will be no need for an International Driving Permit in the European Union, Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein. But you might be asked for it in some EU countries and Norway if you hold a

  • paper driving license,
  • Or a DL issued by Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey, or The Isle Of Man. 

You can get the detailed information regarding it through the website.

Visa Passport And ID Cards:-   From 1st January 2021 onwards UK drivers will require 6 months in Passport to travel to the EU. Visas will not be required if they don’t spend more than 90 days in the EU.


There will be major updates for the UK haulers as well.

Apart from community license and UK license for the community, there are multiple aspects such as

  •  ECMT permit,
  • Vehicle Registration,
  • Motor Insurance Green Card,
  • Vehicle Registration Document,
  • GB Sticker and
  • Transport manager certificate of professional competence which is required to be checked when you operate your service after 1st January 2021.

In this period of transition, there are more updates regarding the rules coming. Therefore you need to regularly update yourself with the norms.

You can check genuine information and get more information by clicking here.