Cash grants for retail, hospitality and leisure
The Retail and Hospitality Grant Scheme provides businesses in the retail, hospitality and
leisure sectors with a cash grant of up to £25,000 per property.
- For businesses in these sectors with a rateable value of under £15,000, they will
receive a grant of £10,000.
- For businesses in these sectors with a rateable value of between £15,001 and
£51,000, they will receive a grant of £25,000.
- You are eligible for the grant if:
- your business is based in England
- your business is in the retail, hospitality and/or leisure sector
Properties that will benefit from the relief will be occupied hereditaments that are wholly
or mainly being used:
- as shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas and live music venues
- for assembly and leisure
- as hotels, guest and boarding premises and self-catering accommodation
How to access the scheme
You do not need to do anything. Your local authority will write to you if you are eligible for
this grant.Guidance for local authorities on the scheme will be provided shortly.
Any enquiries on eligibility for, or provision of, the reliefs and grants should be directed to
the relevant local authority.Find your local authority